Re: OT: color emacs/auctex in console?

Jeff Maxson <jbmaxson@surfglobal.net> writes:

> I apt-got emacs20, auctex, and their suggested packages.  Loading up
> a latex document will now get me all the whiz-bang formatting
> features of auctex, but I can't seem to get the color to kick-in.
> I'm running just the console, if that matters.

You either need XEmacs, or (as yet unreleased) Emacs 21.  Emacs 20 and
older do not do color on the console.

> ok, one more...loading up emacs in console gives you a list of drop-down
> headings at the top.  how do you get up there to drop them down?

Hit F10 (well, they won't exactly drop down... if you're really nice
and bug Erik Naggum, he was working on it a few years back, before
MULE drove him away from Emacs development).

Don't get stuck in a closet -- wear yourself out.