Re: Chronically broken package - bugs? In tetex-bin AND apt-get?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:24:16PM -0300, Henry Lebowzki wrote:
| Hello-
| I'm sorry if I sound hysterical, but I have reasons for concern. In
| fact, I'm truly desperate: it has been over a three months that I try to
| tackle this problem whenever I have some time.
| I was never able to use TeX on my potato, because the package somehow
| got "broken". And I mean *badly* broken. In dselect, it appear as *RI,
| which means that I should reinstall it.

TeX is a really complex sytem and I don't understand even a fraction
of it.  I do know that the potato packages (maybe woody now, I don't
remember if they changed at all) worked on my system.  Try removing it
(apt-get remove --purge tetex-bin) and then re-downloading it and
installing it.  You may need to force the removal (--force I think).
You could also try finding which package has that file that is missing
and install it just to have the file, or simply create the file so
that the error goes away (or edit the script as Joost suggested).

-D