Re: Optimizing fron source

* Victor (v.demart@libero.it) [010722 13:16]:
> I've installed debian potato 2.2r3 and compiled my own 2.2.19 kernel
> to take into account my real hardware.
>
> I see that deb packages are built for a generic i386 processor.

Even if the .deb resulting from your make-kpkg adventures says i386 in
it, the kernel will be optimized for whatever you specified in
CONFIG_M386 "In the "Processor type and features" screen near the top
of make menuconfig.

You can confirm this with 'uname -m' after booting your custom kernel.

Vineet