Xemacs21 and LDAP?

I've been having a problem for several weeks now since I tried to
install xemasc21 on debian unstable.  I get the following while trying
to setup xemacs21:

xemacs21: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libldap.so.2: undefined symbol: ber_pvt_log_print
emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/gettext xemacs21 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 28, <TSORT> line 2.
dpkg: error processing xemacs21-mule (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 29
 xemacs21-mule

Here are the LDAP packages that I have installed:

ii  ldap-utils            2.0.11-2              OpenLDAP utilities.
ii  libldap2              2.0.11-2              OpenLDAP libraries.
ii  libldap2-dev          2.0.11-2              OpenLDAP development libraries.
ii  libpam-ldap           118-1                 Pluggable Authentication Module allowing LDAP interfaces

and xemacs:

ii  xemacs21              21.4.3-3              Editor and kitchen sink
ii  xemacs21-basesupport  2001.04.08-3          Editor and kitchen sink -- compiled elisp support files
ii  xemacs21-bin          21.4.3-3              Editor and kitchen sink -- support binaries
iF  xemacs21-mule         21.4.3-3              Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule binary
ii  xemacs21-mulesupport  2001.04.08-2          Editor and kitchen sink -- Mule elisp support files
ii  xemacs21-support      21.4.3-3              Editor and kitchen sink -- architecture independent suppor

Is this related to the openldap ver.2 libs?  I don't seem to have a
problem with xemacs and ver. 1 libs.

--
Jim Harritt
Messaging Engineer