Re: Outlook to GNU/Linux mailbox conversion is possible with exis ting tools

on Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 01:07:54PM -0400, Zieg, Mark (N-Superior) (mark.zieg@lmco.com) wrote:
> A similar process worked great for me:
>
> (1) Get Outlook Express working on the same computer as your corporate
> Outlook/Exchange system.
>
> (2) Create an Outlook Express account pointed to an IMAP server on a Unix
> box.
>
> (2.1) If the corporate firewall blocks IMAP port 143 (mine did), but leaves
> open more-common ports like 80 (telnet) or 443 (https), then put an sshd
                                  ^^^^^^
That would be http/www.

There's a Debian package (whose name escapes) me that provides for
pretty straightforward ssh-over-port-80 firewall bypassing.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!