Carriage return in email headers, body, possibly Netcom problem

I've noticed this since about 5 am, PDT, Sunday, 22 July.

Mail arriving since this time (and the time demarcation is pretty clean)
has carriage returns (^M) appended to the end of each header line, e.g.:

    Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:49:58 -0500^M
    From: Jeffrey Franks <jfranks@quik.com>^M
    Subject: DOCBOOK: DocBook table example modified for XML is broke for me.^M
    To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org^M

Is anyone else seeing this?  Any ideas on a Debian cause?  I'm running
mutt, exim, and procmail under Sid.  IIRC, I was asleep at the point the
switch occured, suspect it could be something outside my system,
including possibly my ISP.

This appears to be effecting a few of my procmail recipies as well.

TIA.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!