Re: bash: man: command not found

--- Joost Kooij <joost@topaz.mdcc.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:34:01PM -0700, Shriram Shrikumar wrote:
> > was missing man-db, however, on trying to install, it shows the
> > following error message
> >
> > trying to overwrite directory '/usr/share/locale/de' in package
> > texinfo with nondirectory
> >
> > any ideas ?
>
> Can you give more error output?

Unpacking man-db (from man-db_2.3.18-8_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing man-db_2.3.18-8_i386.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite directory '/usr/share/locale/de' in package
texinfo with nondirectory
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
man_db_2.3.18-8_i386.deb

please note that i typed the above out, so, please forgive any typos.

I forgot to mention that this is not the only package isntallation
that gives this error. other packages, some from gnome etc. are also
giving me very similar messages. Also, the dist is woody.

thanx

Shri