Apache config question

Hi all,

can someone point me to where I might find a solution to my problem?
I've been poking around apache.org, but don't know if I'm in the right
place or what to really be searching for Here goes... I have apache
installed and running, but when I try to access the server either with
an IP address or a url, I get this error from lynx:

  Unexpected netowrk read error; connection aborted

Is this a sever thing or an apache thing? I've installed apache once
before just to play around and I remember being able to access the
default web page immediately. That was on a potato system. Now I'm
running woody and have no joy :-(

Many thanks!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>