Upgrade to 2.4.5

I'm running a current Woody box, but have not made the jump
to kernel 2.4.5.  I attampted to yesterday, and got the following
message, and was not sure how to proceed:

"You are attempting to install an initrd kernel image(version 2.4.5-386)
this will not work unless you have configured your boot loader to use initrd.
To get rid of this message put 'do_initrd = yes' in /etc/kernel-img.conf."

While telling me how to get rid of the message is all well and good, I'd much
rather be told what needs to be done to my boot loader(lilo) to make this work.

I read "man lilo.conf" but it didn't clear up much, and I don't find any
reference to initrd in my current /etc/lilo.conf.  Can anyone tell me what I
need to do, to safely upgrade?

--
Thanks in advance,
Adahma