Re: [users] which NIC driver to use?

also sprach John Griffiths (on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 05:49:28PM +0000):
> I've got an IBM xseries 200 i'm trying to get deb running on
> the onvoard NIC is confounding me
> does anyone know which driver module should i be using?

i don't know, but it will most likely be one of the following:
  tulip, rtl8139, 8139too, or ne.

just try modprobe each one in turn, and then if that does not work,
try all in /lib/modules/.../net/* - your machine might lock up, but
only the right driver will successfully install as a module... it's a
hack, but it works.

"my father, a good man, told me:
'never lose your ignorance; you cannot replace it.'"
                                               -- erich maria remarque