Re: resent, manpage pg-up & pg-dn not working

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 09:51:03AM +0800, Eric Boo wrote:
> How do I at least get page up to work when I'm viewing man pages? Right now all
> I get are beeps when I try the page-up and page-down keys.

I have:
$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/pager
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Jun 27 21:45 /etc/alternatives/pager -> /usr/bin/less

My guess is that you only have "more" installed

Less is like more, but more.

DESCRIPTION
       Less is a program similar to more (1),  but  which  allows
       backward movement in the file as well as forward movement.
       Also, less does not have to read  the  entire  input  file
       before  starting,  so  with large input files it starts up
       faster than text editors like vi (1).  Less  uses  termcap
       (or  terminfo on some systems), so it can run on a variety
       of terminals.  There is even limited support for  hardcopy
       terminals.  (On a hardcopy terminal, lines which should be
       printed at the top of  the  screen  are  prefixed  with  a
       caret.)

       Commands  are  based on both more and vi.  Commands may be
       preceded by a decimal number, called N in the descriptions
       below.  The number is used by some commands, as indicated.

Cheers,

Joost