Re: unable to install woody - template/apt/dpkg errors

mark wrote:
>     82% - (scanning packages) Template parse error near "" at
>     /usr/lib/Perl5/Debian/Debconf/Template.pm line60 <Templates> chunk 3

I don't know what you're installing, but it's not woody. At least not a
woody that is anywhere faintly resembling this year's woody.

The debconf in woody has, for months, and months and months, output the
following much more informative message in this case:

  sprintf(gettext("Template parse error near `%s', in stanza #%s of %s\n"), $line, $., $file);

Also, debconf has not had the "xxx% - (scanning packges)" display for
longer than I can remember.

--
see shy jo