Re: 3dfx voodoo2

On 21 Jun 2001 16:48:10 -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> pReJkEr wrote:
> >
> > Ello
> >
> >   is there a package for 3dfx card in debian?
> >   i've downloaded device3dfx-source but it doesn't create /dev/3dfx
>
>   you only need it for older X servers (version 3.X). it creates a
> kernel module. the actual file /dev/3dfx you might need to create
> yourself, there should be proper mknode command somewhere in
> device3dfx-source documentation.
>
>   for X 4.x you don't need 3dfx device. You need to compile tdfx (3dfx)
> support into kernel though (ad use DRI in X), see:

Does DRI support the voodoo2 ? Those articles are kind of confusing as
to whether they support the voodoo2 or just the banshee.... Is the
author refering to both when he says a voodoo2 banshee or just the
banshee which I know is supported by DRI. I expect that the banshee used
some of the original voodoo2 technology and might be refered to by some
as the voodoo2 banshee..... I also would like to setup DRI support if
possible to play some of the GL stuff full screen.

-=Jayson=-