Re: wget and images

Joerg Johannes wrote:

> Hi list
>
> How do I make wget download images?
> I used
> wget -r -l1 -k
> http://www.somesite.anywhere/the/directory/iwant/index.htm
> This copies all html files that are linked form this index file to my
> local computer. I'm only missing the images (this is important, because
> it is a graphics tutoriyl...)

Hmm.  I've used wget to fetch picture collections as well as other
sites.  The line above _should_ work (fetch the images too).  Have you
checked that the url's for the images are "real" url's and not cgi links
or similar?  wget does not work with these thing.  Javascript will also
confuse it, afaik.
  There is also some sites that take explicit actions to prevent you
from saving the images, some of them makes it real hard to do so.  The
worst I've seen made me watch all pictures in netscape (opera, ..) and
grep the images from .netscape/cache/* .  Bloody hell getting the right
filenames then...

Good luck,
	Emil