Re: another strange bootup message: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

	Subject: another strange bootup message: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument
	Date: Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:26:51PM -0800

Quoting Britton(fsblk@aurora.uaf.edu):

> Oddly, this one does't show up in dmesg.  It happens a couple of times
> during bootup and thats it.  Ideas what is going on would be mose welcome.

I recall something (a long time ago) in /etc/init.d/networking, or
whatever it was called then, that when you upgraded from the the 2.1.x
to 2.2.x kernel, the syntax on initializing network/localhost changed.
That SIOCADDRT error always popped up on bootup.  As I am currently running
kernel 2.4.5 on all my systems, I do not have the correct syntax, or
the bad one for that matter, around.

My only thought would be to check the archives from a year or 2 ago
looking for SIOCADDRT.

Sorry I can;t remember more.
--
C, n.:
  A programming language that is sort of like Pascal except more like assembly