Reading BIOS information

Greetings folks.

I've been working on getting a new video card installed in my machine, and
have what I think is an IRQ conflict (it's PCI, and I think the BIOS is
assigning it a shared IRQ, which doesn't make it happy).  What I'm
wondering is if there's any way to read information from the system's BIOS
(as minor as the BIOS version, or as substantial as the PCI / PnP IRQ
settings) from within debian, or if I have to reboot each time.

Thanks.

   Andrew J. Perrin - Assistant Professor of Sociology
        University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
269 Hamilton Hall CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
   andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin