Re: ./configure of GTK+ fails

"Rajkumar S." <voidmain@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
>> What does config.log say about it (down near the end)?
>
>This is the relevent portion of the config.log
>
>configure:9966: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -g -Wall   conftest.c -lX11  -ldl
>1>&5
>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11

That should have included -L/usr/X11R6/lib somewhere, and probably
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 too. I take it configure says "Checking for X"
somewhere above that? If not, it should, but even if it ignored your X
include path it should have guessed something correct there. If so, it
should have said what libraries and headers it found.

Perhaps this is a case where an earlier warning causes a later error ...