Re: xf86config failed. Need help!

Tim Xu wrote:
<snip>

> If I press [Enter], screen will be blak for a while, and the following
> messages are came up.
>
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
>
> The /etc/X11/XF86Config file was not created

You've encountered the biggest hurdle in setting up any new linux box;
getting X to work.  /etc/X11/XF86Config is the configuration file for
your X server.  It's OK that it wasn't automatically created because
there are a couple of programs that help you to create it.  "XF86Setup"
is a graphical tool that's pretty good and "xf86config" is a command
line tool that I've always had a lot of success with.

Read the documentation at:

	http://www.linuxdoc.org

and there's a site hosted by sourceforge called newbiedoc (sorry I don't
know the URL) that I'm not familiar with but from what I've read on will
trilich's posts that's probably the place to start looking.

hth,
Andy

P.S. don't get discouraged X is the worst part of getting your system
up.  Once it's done though you've got a sweet Debian box.