Need help

Hi,

We bought the debian potato Linux CD package, and installed it on a new IDE
hard drive. There is error message came up during installing selected
packages. The message is as below:

/cdrom//dists/potato/main/binary-i386/tex/tetex-base_1.0-10.deb
E: Seb-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code(1)
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to confirm the packages that
were installed.
This may result in duplicate errors or errors caused by missing
dependencies.  This is OK,
Only the errors above this message are important. Please fix them and run
[I]nstall again.
Press enter to continue.

How can I fix them?

Then, for while, One notice window appears as like:

Debian Configuration

				Configuring

One or more packages failed to install. This is probably due to bugs in the
packages. (Sorry; debian's not perfect!)
Simply trying to install those packages again may work around the problem,
or at least move the installation process along a little further. If you
decide not to try again, bear in mind that some packages on your system will
be in a broken state until you manually resolve the problem.

Packages failed to install. Retry?

		<Yes>					<No>

I selected <Yes>, process is continued.

one more error came up:

/csrom//dists/potato/main/binary-i386/x11/ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp_2.10-1.deb
E: Seb-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code(1)
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to confirm the packages that
were installed.
This may result in duplicate errors or errors caused by missing
dependencies.  This is OK,
Only the errors above this message are important. Please fix them and run
[I]nstall again.
Press enter to continue.

then, the same notice window appears again. After selected <Yes>, the
process go through to the end.

If I select 'Y' when asked " if you want to setup VGA16 X server as default"
and "do you want create xf86config file".  The screen will show:

This may take a while
Press [Enter] to continue...

If I press [Enter], screen will be black for a while, and the following
messages are came up.

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect : errno=111

The /etc/X11/XF86Config file was not created
Press [Enter] to switch to graphics mode

This may take a while...
Press [Enter] to continue...

If I press [Enter], the above message will repeat again and again.
if I do not create xf86config file here, but do it after login, the error
message will appear as below when the command 'startx' is executed.

X: exec of /usr/bin/X11/XF86_MAch64 failed
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:	Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

I tried several times to re-created the xf86config file, and selected the
exact monitor and Video card's data. The same thing happened. I wondering
this is a bug or just happened in my machine? How to solve this problem.
Could you give me any advise or suggestion.

Thanks

Tim Xu