Re: XMMS: root can / user can not listen Audio CDs

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 12:18:09AM +0000, Robin Gerard wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 08:02:13PM +0200, Robert Voigt wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 June 2001 18:12, Thomas Martin wrote:
> > Add your users to the groups audio and disk so they have permission to access
> > the devices.
> > addgroup user group
> Sorry for this supid question : How to remove a user
> of a group ? i.e. do the contrary of addgroup.

I don't know of a "friendly" tool like addgroup for it, but you can
always take the manual approach and use "vigr". Look for the group name
and remove the user from the list of names that follows.

NB: vigr is a front-end to vi (or your favorite editor as defined by
VISUAL or EDITOR) that takes care of file locking and other nice things.

--
-Duane
for ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!!