Re: Raid; mkraid /dev/md0

Thanx for the reply.
FYI: the raidtab file is  /etc/raidtab (and also /etc/raid/raidtab)
Raidtab:
raiddev /dev/md0
    raid-level        0
    nr-raid-disks    2
    persistent-superblock    1

    chunk-size        8
    device            /dev/hdb1
    raid-disk            0
    device            /dev/hdc1
    raid-disk            1

cat /proc/mdstat:
Personalities : [2 raid0]
read_ahead not set
md0 : inactive
md1 : inactive
md2 : inactive
md3 : inactive

bootmesg:
Starting raid devices:/dev/md0: Invalid argument.
Mounting local filesystems....
Oops ! md0 not running, giving up !
Bad md_map in ll_rw_block
Ext2-fs unable to read superblock

cat /var/log/syslog | more: (enhancement of bootmesg)
md driver 0.36.6 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8
megaraid: v107 (December 22, 1999)
raid0 personality registered

My setup:
IDE0: hda: bootdisk
            hdb: raiddisk
IDE1: hdc: raiddisk
            hdd: cdrom

Both raiddisks are 20Gb WesternDigitals. Though the cilinders/heads/sectors
are different, much to my surprise.

Thanx again.
Frans Schreuder.