Re: Linux Install

on Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 12:18:00PM -0400, Shyam Ramachandran (shyam@primus.ca) wrote:
> Can I install Linux Debian in Compaq Presario Pentium II, 128 MB Ram

Probably, though you're providing nowhere near sufficient information to
answer the question.

The level of system support you'll get depends strongly on the cards and
components you have on your system.  You'll want to research sound,
video, modem, and peripherals.  Best thing to do is tear open the box,
note markings on significant chips on all cards, and go through various
GNU/Linux hardware compatibility lists, or search Google.  A useful
search recipie is:

    <chip identifier> linux

...with "driver" "support" "install" and "configure" being additional
adds.

Cheers.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!