Strange drive issue when using Win98 and Debian

Hi there,

I'm using Debian woody almost exclusively on my box, but I still
have a Win98 Partition, primarly to read those wacky .doc files
with crazy formatting that StarOffice just can't read right.
The thing is, Windows used to access 3 drives when it was
installed.
C: which is /dev/hda1, which is a FAT32 drive, this actually
the only FAT32 partition left at the moment
D: which was /dev/hdb1, which is now exclusively used by Linux,
formatted as ext2 and
E: which was /dev/hda7, which is now also used exclusively
under Linux, mounted as /home

The problem is, when I boot Win98, it still shows me those
two drives, despite that it obviously shouldn't be able to
make sense of them, since they are ext2. The drives appear
with strange labels like "*"&%#@#", just random gibberish.
When I choose it in Explorer, it just displays some strange
and directories which ARE not there.
My question: How do I tell Windows that it is no longer
allowed to access or even see those drives?

Thanks
Alex
--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address