Re: Help setting DISPLAY to an ipmasq'd machine.

maillst@bellsouth.net writes:

> I want to set the DISPLAY variable on work_linux_box to display on
> Xserver_machine to assist me doing off hours support.  It will be
> difficult to get the comany to modify the firewall.
>
> So, is this possible to do?  If so, what exactly do I need to do on
> the linux side.  I do have it setup that I can ssh from
> work_linux_box to ipmasq_machine and from there to anywhere on the
> 192.168 lan.  So I have that much connectivity setup.

Use the -X option to ssh.  This sets up an encrypted tunnel for X11
packets between the host you are on and the host you are ssh'ing to.
This will work only if the FORWARD_X11 option has not been
specifically turned off in the sshd configuration of either machine.

-Anthony.