obselete files

hi,
   i had just done a dist-upgrade. but i find that /var/cache/apt/archive has packages of older versions too. apt-get man page did say that obselete packages would be replaced. can somebody tell me what i might be doing wrong?

deleting the files manually doesn't to be reall attractive.

 a hint as to how to write a script that would identify the files older that apr 28 would be really nice. tried getting the find command to that but it has options for files modified not created.

another thing. i am using exim. when i post to this list i see that the To header gets displayed instead of my name. i.e when when you check your mails thru mutt where you are supposed to find the sender's name you find the To header.

i am lost as to what the config screwup could be.

would really appreciate some help on this
thanks in advance
harsha