Re: ssh authentication woes

hi michael

am guessing, you want to login into the remote machine
and have it display stuff local on your pc???

lets say remote == 1.2.3.4
lets say here   == 5.6.7.8  ( where you;re sitting )

here#  xhost +1.2.3.4

here# ssh -l michael remote
	- enter passwd

remote# export DISPLAY=5.6.7.8:0
remote# xterm  --- should now display on your "here" machine

# when done
here# xhost -1.2.3.4

you cn fix oyur passwd issue after the above works...
	~/.ssh/*

you can simply type ssh instead of rsh, rcp, rexec
	rsync is NOT part of the r-commands

===
=== dont use rsh ... especially if you dont need passwd ...
===

even if you have a firewall ... assume they broke into it..
and is sniffing your traffic ...

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Sec.net