Re: pump sometimes must be restarted (cable modem)?

Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> writes:

> periodically (perhaps every other week) my Internet connection via
> Optimum Online (Cablevision) freezes, and I have to kill and restart
> pump in order to get everything freed up.  Yes, kill, pump -R does
> not work.

Hmmm... it shouldn't happen every week, but if your IP changes, pump
will _not_ try to get a new lease... all it knows how to do is renew.
When I was running pump, every few months I'd lose the lease on the
old IP (they do renumber once in a while) and I'd have symptoms like
that.

For more specific help on lioptonline (including Linux) check out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lioptonline .

Sit-stand-kneel; sit-kneel-stand -- Sun am exercise time!