Re: Sendmail bug still biting

On Sunday 06 May 2001 07:16 pm, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:

>The quick fix to this problem until it's resolved is to not run the
>sendmailconfig script. Remove the aliases.db and run newaliases by hand. You
>may also need to chown root:root *.db while in the /etc/mail directory as I
>have to do that with the current version in unstable or else the server
>fails to receive mail.

Boy, I hate to sound ignorant - how do you run newaliases by hand? Using
makemap? (like recreating the virtusertable db - makemap hash
/etc/mail/virtusertable < sourcefile).

Problem is - makemap is barfing. I'm getting errors whenever I try it -
whatever map type (hash or dbm) that I try.

Oh, I'm using package 8.11.3+8.12.0.Beta7-5 - the most recent from the
testing tree. (well, at least the one that was most recent as of last night)

Michelle
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President
Norwottuck Technology Resources