Re: How to copy the binary image of a dos floppy ?

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 10:17:13PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:

:> root@localhost$ dd if=/dev/fd0 of=floppy.img bs=72k
:
:I'm not sure where you're getting your bs= value.

Ok, I admit it's just what we use here, I don't know if there's any
particular reason for it.  To an extent the larger the block size the
quicker the dd goes, though floppies are so slow anyway, I don't think
it matters much.

BTW bs=72k results in a count=20 on a 1.44 floppy

That is the inverse of the command I use to make boot floppiesa and
it's worked well.  This is not to say anything against bs=1440 :)

-Jon