tulip and kernel 2.4.4-more info

Hi again,

Here is the specific information taken from dmesg and modprobe from both
kernel 2.2.18 and 2.4.2.

This is the error message I get when I try to load the tulip driver
manually for kernel 2.4.2:

satchel[/home/jake]% modprobe tulip
/lib/modules/2.4.2/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o: init_module: No
such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.2/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.2/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.2/kernel/drivers/net/tulip/tulip.o: insmod tulip failed

This is the error message taken from dmesg when it tries to load tulip
using kernel 2.4.2 from /etc/modules:

Linux Tulip driver version 0.9.13a (January 20, 2001)
tulip: eth0: MMIO region (0x0@0x0) unavailable, aborting

For kernel 2.2.18, this is the message taken from dmesg regarding the
tulip module:

tulip.c:v0.91g-ppc 7/16/99 becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov

If anyone has any ideas about how this problem could be resolved, I
would love to hear them.

Thanks again,
Jake