Re: About apt-get dist-upgrade

on Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:46:45PM -0600, Rogelio E. Castillo Haro,,, (rcastillo@glo.org.mx) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I use Debian since some months ago (potato).
> I did upgrade my box with apt-get dist-upgrade some times.
> But the last three or for seems like is nothing to upgrade exception
> from spidermonkey (gnome), so, It's better that I change my source.lists
> to woody, or to another server?
>
> Those are my actual lines:
>
> # See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
> # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
> # CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib
> non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ slink updates

Slink is no longer stable, it's obsolete.  Change "slink" to "stable" in
the line above.

> # Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
> #deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> #deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US
>
> deb http://kde.tdyc.com potato main crypto optional qt1apps

"potato" is stable, but it might be better to specify this directly.
Check at tdyc for what you want for KDE updates.  I believe KDE2 is in
woody (unstable) itself.

> deb http://galeon.sourceforge.net/nightly/debian galeoncvsm18/
> deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main
>
> ah! and I can't install galeon, always told me that I need mozilla but
> neither I can't install it :(

I've found galeon doesn't install under stable.