XFree86-4.02, a laptop and an external monitor

Hi all,

I've a problem while connecting an external monitor to my laptop. I had a
configuration working for XFree86 3.3.6 that allowed me to use my laptop at a
1024x768 resolution. If I connected an external monitor to it, and with the
LDC-display disabled, X worked with a 1280x1024 resolution on the external
monitor.

I see in the XFree86.x.log that both my LCD and external display are detected
(the external display gets detected first),  but I can't get X using my
external display at 1280x1024. I'm running XFree86 4.02 (ATI 64 driver) from
unstable. Any ideas?

-- Jordi