Re: Problems installing Netgear FA311 Ethernetcard.

At 11:49 AM 1/22/01 , you wrote:
My Netgear FA311 Card was not found at bootstrapping (rescue disk).
I were not able to install the recommended 'tulip' driver into the kernel at
installation process.

I wanted to install the 'tulip' driver as a module, after I build my system,
but /dev/eth0 did not exists.

Enable the National Semiconductor (natsemi.c) ethernet driver in the kernel under network devices. Install the new kernel, then add a line to /etc/network/interfaces for eth0. Boot back up and it should be working. Promise it'll work, I just got through doing it.

Ben Pharr