Sound problem

Hello all, I'm having a bit of a problem getting my sound to function
properly.  Let me give a rundown of what I've done so far.  First of all, I
am running the 2.2.18 kernel, recently compiled, with everyting working
fine.  I'm also running KDE 2.0.1.

I have the following modules installed, and the wierd thing was this worked
until I rebooted, and now I can't seem to get it to work at all:

cs4232  Support for Crystal CS4232 based (PnP) cards.
ad1848  Yamaha OPL3-SA1 audio controller
uart401  Yamaha OPL3-SA1 audio controller

When I added the cs4232 module, I put in the options for IRQ, etc. and the
first time I exited modconf, it all worked.  Then, upon rebooting, I get
"Can't open /dev/dsp" when i try to play an mp3 with mpg123.  I've tried
removing all the modules, then readding them, and that doesn't work.  I'm
really out of ideas, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nathan Gillmore
DBA Developer
Acxiom Corp., Conway Arkansas