LILO based bootfloppy

Hi,

I can't seem to get lilo to cooperate in installing the boot block on
a floppy:

[root@spoon deb-boot]# lilo -v -C bdlilo.conf -r /floppy/
LILO version 21.5-1 beta, Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger
'lba32' extensions Copyright (C) 1999,2000 John Coffman

Reading boot sector from /dev/fd0
Fatal: open /dev/fd0: Permission denied

>From Bootdisk-HOWTO:
########
LILO's -r flag is used for installing the boot loader on some other root:

          lilo -v -C bdlilo.conf -r /mnt

 LILO should run without error
########

<doh>
I know I asked and soleved this problem not too long ago, but some
quality time with google and http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/searchlists
hasn't turned up the thread, nor can I find in in my archives.
</doh>

-Jon