crack and MD5

I'm running potato with MD5 password hashing enabled. Crack works fine when used on a system that uses standard crypt(). I would like to run crack to test my users passwords. I changed the Crack script to gcc settings and moved and copied the files I was supposed to for MD5. When I did a "./Crack -makeonly it gives me the following errors (paraphrased):

elcid.c:139: undefined reference to crypt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
../run/bin/linux-2-unknown/stdlib-cracker] Error 1
../run/bin/linux-2-unknown/cracker] Error 2
make: *** [utils] Error 1

If anyone out there is familiar with crack, please give me a hand. Thanks!

Ben Pharr