Re: Install help needed/New tulip drivers

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:41:22PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Who wrote the "latest" drivers, and what's the version number?  It's
> conceivable that the 2.2.18 kernel on the potato install disks has the
> driver you need.  Can't tell without more info ...

    I doubt it. I needed the latest tulip drivers myself for a linksys NIC,
and I had to go get them. There's two modules now, the pci-scan module, and
the tulip module.
    I have the sourcecode that I used, and it worked under 2.2.12. It's
running my gateway/firewall right now, but I tried with 2.2.18pre21, and I got
unresolved externals. I'm told you can still insmod the thing and it will work
anyway, but I'd like to see this fixed myself. You should be able to find the
tulip code online, but if you can't let me know and I'll send you the
sourcecode that I used.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX