cursor keys on vt420

This is probably a bit off-topic but I'll ask anyway :)

I just got a DEC vt420 Terminal and hooked it up to my computer.
This works great except for the cursor keys and page up/down. I'm
used to get the command history in bash when pressing cursor up.
But in the terminal the cursor moves up one line. Can someone
give me some hints how to get the terminal behave like I'm used
to?

Cheers
Martin
--
	"Mach was the greatest intellectual fraud in the last ten years."
	"What about X?"