Re: configuring ethernet?

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 06:54:28PM -0800, Forrest English wrote:
:i have a pcmcia NIC that i want to use in my laptop, i managed to get the
:base system installed from floppies.  but, now after the install, i need
:to setup my network connection.    is there an application that i can use
:to do this?
:
:there was netcfg for redhat.  what do i use in debian?

edit /etc/network/interfaces

format is:
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
  installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
iface eth0 inet static
        address 128.52.x.x
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 128.52..x.y