2.4.0 and shared memory

Hi all,

   I am using Potato with 2.4.0 right now. I have noticed that 'free'
command now reports 0 shared memory and 0 swap usage. With kernel
2.2.18, it used to report few megabytes of shared memory. My box has
half a gig of RAM, but when I was using 2.2.18 kernel, the system used
at least some swap space, especially after I ran one of my memory
hungry Fortran programs or after creating a CD image. But now it's 0
no matter. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

--

Amal Phadke, Ph.D Candidate
Department of Ocean and Resources Engineering, SOEST

email: phadke@oe.soest.hawaii.edu