Re: coping with a high-volume mailing list (like this one)?

Title: Re: coping with a high-volume mailing list (like this one)?

>I would assume that if you didn't want to leave the mail on the remote
>server you'd just use fetchmail to download it, although, I *think*
>gnus has it's own software to download the mail if that's what you
>want.

You can still use fetchmail to get the mail even if you _do_ want to leave it

on the IMAP server (can't remember the switch offhand).  Although what

the original poster _might_ have meant by disconnected mode is that the

client only connects to the IMAP server when it wants to do something

(send/check mail), and is disconnected otherwise.  Maybe some clients

keep the IMAP session up all the time?

- Chris