Possibly OT: g77 warning message

Hello,
   I'm getting a strange message when I try to compile Fortran programs
with g77.  It says

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.2/libg2c.a(open.o): In function
'f_open':open.o(.text+0x637): the use of 'tempnam' is dangerous, better
use 'mkstemp'

I have never seen this message before until I started writing Fortran
code on my Debian woody box. I get the message with every program I
write.  I do regular upgrades, so I have the most recent version of
gcc/g77.  Can someone help me out?  If this should be posted elsewhere
then I apologize and would appreciate a pointer to the proper place to
turn for help.  Thanks.

Casey

--
Casey Henderson