Re: XFree86 4.0

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Jeffrey A Schoolcraft wrote:

> * Martin Fluch (fluch@rock.helsinki.fi) wrote:
> >
> >    apt-get install xserver-xfree86
> >
> > (this will update not all of your system, but only the part needed by the
> > dependencies)
> >
> > Then fidle around until you get it running, you might need to update some
> > other X related packages.
>
> after I did this, I got an error, couldn't load default font 'fixed'.
> Been looking to see how I can install this font.  Any ideas?

Perhaps you might look at this mail (and it follow-ups) in the
mailinglist archive:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0010/msg02761.html

Martin

PS: This (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0010/msg02970.html) seems
prommising:

"Yes, some package that I upgraded forgot to run update-fonts-alias in
misc.  So, what you need to do as root is:

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
update-fonts-alias misc"

--
This is Linux Country.