Re: top tells me X is using 80 Mb!

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:02:53PM -0200, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> > 	I've noticed the same situation here. Either X 4 is really
> > 	memory hungry (and this makes Linux swap a lot) or there are
> > 	some very bad memory leaks that should be audited.
>
> Guess what? After quitting gnapster (gtk), X went back to its 30
> Mb...
>
> So... Maybe this is a gtk problem (that only a few applications
> trigger)?

Hmm, I saw a big memory leak with Sawfish a while back that also showed
up under X.  I ditched Sawfish and went back to IceWm and the problem
went away.  I don't think this is a "gtk" bug, but rather some other
general programming errors, but the memory happens to show up as
allocated by X.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>