Re: No keyboard activity in KDM2.

Ringo De Smet <Ringo.DeSmet@bigfoot.com> writes:
RDS> BTW, what are the semantics of the different run levels under Debian.
RDS> KDE2 seems to launch KDM even in runlevel 2.

There are no predefined semantics.  The local administrator is welcome
to change the /etc/rc?.d symlinks by hand to get whatever effect
he/she wants.

(IMHO, having to change runlevels twice to kick a not-entirely-stable
gdm is a pain.  But this only affects my machine at work, which I
don't really have control over.  Compare to Debian, where
/etc/init.d/gdm restart is always sufficient.)

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell