RE: Oracle8iR2 install problem on Debian potato

Greetings,
	I just did an Oracle8iR2 install with Red Hat 6.2.  According to the OTN
website http://otn.oracle.com, there are no requirements for the Java
Runtime Engine v1.1.8, which should be included with your installation
materials (Join the OTN it's free, and you can download software).  I
recommend using bash or sh, and not ksh only due to familiarity, and the
installation documentation lists everything in sh or csh.
	If and when you get it installed (took me more than one try even on Red
Hat), and you get to the "automatic" startup (i.e., startup on boot), you
must modifty the stock dbstart to scan for JServer instead of the other (I
can't remember what the other type is, but you'll see it).  If I think of
anything else, I'll let you know.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

Brooks