Re: XFree86 4.0.1 and Matrox G200

I thought so, and I tried that last night after I posted this message.  It allowed me to start my X server but enlightenment complained that it was too primitive to perform certain functions:

This X server does not support the shape function.
This is required for enlightenment to run.

Your X server is probably too old or mis-configured.

I'd like to blow away whatever X I have and restart from scratch with X4.0.1.  I'm in woody now, I'm not sure if an apt-get remove task-x-window-system, than install would be sufficient, or if there is more that I need to do.

Jeff