Re: help news

On Thursday 23 November 2000 11:32, Russ Cook wrote:
> Colin,
> 	Thanks for the reply.  I have set up the get-news.conf file with
> server, username, and password.  What options must I use to get the
> news downloaded and sent to Cnews?

Russ,

Before you go to all that work, if you only have one or a small number
newsreaders, have a look at leafnode.  It basically replaces both suck
and cnews/inn.  It is trivial to set up and works pretty well for the
case of a few readers and a fairly small number of subscribed groups.
You can be reading news with leafnode and your favorite news client
literally in minutes.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.