Re: more than one .sty file in a tex document!?

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Manegold wrote:
> Manuel Hendel wrote:

> > > yes and no. Some packages like footmisc, soul, which are not a document
> > > class can be used alonside each other. g-brief und dinbrief, however,
> > > are different documten classes. Same as you can't write a document based
> > > on book.cls and a letter (based on g-brief, letter, dinbrief or
> > > whatever) at the same time, you can't do that with different classes for
> > > a letter. This also applies for the different variants for reports,
> > > books or articles. If you tried, the last one will probably overwrite
> > > the previous if it does not give you an error.
> > >
> > Actually I want to use the class g-breif, but I need the functions for
> > the footer from the letter class or is there any package which I can
> > add to my .tex file together with g-brief to get the footers?
>
> Well you can always try and see if it works. In your case try to input
> the letter class after the g-brief class. I don't think this will give
> the desired result though.
> The prelim2e package puts something at the lower edge of the each page
> that you can customize to what you want there. Maybe that does what you
> want.

Depending on your skill level, and how much you really want this, you
can try extracting the footer-related section from the letter class and
putting that in the g-brief class (or inputting it separately).  If you
do this, just make a new class.  I've done similar stuff with modifying
the seminar.cls style to get rid of borders, or modifying bibliography
styles to allow for a Bachelor's thesis.  Just keep in mind that TeX
really is a different language from LaTeX and you'll be fine....

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--
--==## <menscher@uiuc.edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(217)333-0038 ##==--