Re: Voodoo 3 on debian?

Chris Palmer <debian@zencow.com> writes:
CP> Anyone running a 3dfx Voodoo3 3000 on Debian?
CP> Just curious if it works well or not.

I have a Voodoo3 2000, and it works fine.  I used the XF86_SVGA server
on XFree86 3.3.6 (the version in potato), and am using the XFree86
server in woody.  Getting 3D acceleration to work was a bit tricky
(and requires a prerelease kernel in unstable), but the performance
seems pretty good.  Even the unaccelerated performance on my machine
is acceptable for, say, the GL-based xscreensaver modules.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell